Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chorus Sings All the Way to the Bank



Chorus Sings All the Way to the Bank
Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Gladiators recently paid a visit to Springdale Park Elementary to present the SPARK chorus program with a check for $676.80 for their participation in the Gwinnett Gladiators fundraising program. The SPARK advanced chorus under the direction of chorus teacher Brianne Turgeon performed the Canadian Anthem prior to the January 12th game vs. Kalamazoo. According to Turgeon, the funds raised were used to help fund the advanced chorus’ participation in Large Group Performance Evaluation (LGPE) and the Community Children’s Chorus Festival (CCCF). The money was also used to purchase sheet music and offset transportation costs to the chorus performances.

From a previous blog post:

Click here for a link to the Talk Up APS article about the AC's performance at the Gwinnett Gladiators game!

and some comments from the PRESIDENT of the Gwinnett Gladiators, Steve Chapman:

 "...I wanted to congratulate you and your chorus on your performance this past Saturday.  I have been involved in professional hockey for twenty years.  I have heard the Canadian National Anthem performed hundreds of times.  The [Springdale] Park Elementary Choir performance was truly one of the best renditions that I have ever heard.  It was excellent.

I am not Canadian, but having grown up with hockey, the song has a special place in my heart.  We have it performed or played at our games to honor our team members that are Canadian.  I can tell you that - to a man - each and every one of them was impressed with the performance.

I hope that you bring your choir back to join us in the future and, honestly, I hope that you continue to sing the Canadian anthem as it is a pleasure to listen to your choir perform it..."

My best,


1 

Steve Chapman
President
Gwinnett Gladiators Hockey


No comments:

Post a Comment