Early projects are always welcomed and will earn extra credit.
If Fourth and Fifth Graders have their cards from last year they may re-use them if they are in good condition and meet the requirements below (which are the same as last year).
- Use a straight edge and try to make all cards look as consistent as possible (same width of lines, etc). Cards done without a straight edge will have to be re-done.
- Each card should have a treble clef and a whole note on each line or space, as pictured below.
- The back of the card should have the letter name for each line or space note. Be consistent so that when you flip the card the answers will always be in the same area of the back of the card.
- Don't use the LINED side of your cards--it will make your staff lines look blurry.
- Line notes (from bottom to top): E-G-B-D-F Space notes: F-A-C-E
Fifth Graders will have reversible cards--from one direction they will be Treble Clef cards, and Bass Clef when turned the other way.
Treble Clef: Line notes (from bottom to top): E-G-B-D-F Space notes: F-A-C-E
Bass Clef: Line notes (from bottom to top): G-B-D-F-A Space notes: A-C-E-G
Classics for Kids Dictionary: http://www.classicsforkids.com/teachers/training/terms_index.asp