Download the Flashcard Project Sheet HERE
Deadline for Flashcard Projects 2016 will be during the last week of September
Students: When you write your definitions please don't put the vocabulary word into the definitions.
You may use a blank: _____ means the steady pulse in music.
If you have already finished, an easy way to disguise the word in the definition is just use black crayon to color over the word (Sharpie bleeds through the card).
More advanced dictionaries, if you want a challenge:
- Use a straight edge and try to make all cards look as consistent as possible (same width of lines, etc). Cards done without a straight edge will have to be re-done.
- Each card should have a treble clef and a whole note on each line or space, as pictured below.
- The back of the card should have the letter name for each line or space note. Be consistent so that when you flip the card the answers will always be in the same area of the back of the card.
- Don't use the LINED side of your cards--it will make your staff lines look blurry.
- Line notes (from bottom to top): E-G-B-D-F Space notes: F-A-C-E
Fifth Graders will have reversible cards--from one direction they will be Treble Clef cards, and Bass Clef when turned the other way.
Treble Clef: Line notes (from bottom to top): E-G-B-D-F Space notes: F-A-C-E
Bass Clef: Line notes (from bottom to top): G-B-D-F-A Space notes: A-C-E-G