Our Music@SPARK ensembles are deep in preparation for these upcoming events:
- BAND: Music@SPARK Band concert May 9 (the May 5 date had to be changed) and Grady Cluster Honor Band at MES May 12
- ORCHESTRA: Grady Cluster String Fling May 5 and Music@SPARK and Mary Lin's Orchestra Concert May 11
- CHORUS & AC: Music@SPARK Chorus and AC concert Somewhere in Time May 17--call time 4:30, concert time 6pm
Hi! It's time to start working on the 4th Quarter Music Project!
- A third grade girl loves Justin Bieber—she’s going to sing and dance to a song of his (covering 2 GPS) and find out where and when he was born and some other biographical info. She plans to make a poster with the info and lyrics.
- A fifth grader is very interested in the Medieval era, so he’s going to study music from that era, learn & perform a song (maybe on recorder) and dress up like he is in that time period in Europe.
- A fourth grader is interested in what music might sound like in 2050 on Earth...
- Some fifth grade kids have started their own music business writing songs that help kids memorize academic facts. They are re-writing lyrics to popular songs & singing them (they may make a video), and their business manager will write up how she is advertising their company. The time and place are Atlanta, GA at SPARK in 2016