Due during the week of September 29th. Music Projects are always due on the day you come to Music. Early projects are always appreciated and earn extra points.
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Information about ASO Field Trips
Richard Deane, ASO Horn player(on sabbatical in NYC), and SPARK Dad
The current list of concerts that will not be performed includes:
· Opening Weekend - Sept 25, 27 and 28
· Beethoven Symphony No. 9 – Oct 2, 4 and 5
· Beethoven Symphony No. 6 – Oct 9 and 11
· Lang Lang – Oct 15*
· Ravel, Bolero – Oct 16 and 18
· POPS!, Jason Alexander (from FRIENDS) – Oct 24 and 25
· FAMILY, Halloween Spooktacular – Oct 25
· Grieg Piano Concerto – Nov 6, 7 and 8
· Cancellations include ALL field trip concerts scheduled through November 8
Brianne Turgeon, Music/Chorus teacher
Springdale Park Elementary
Click the links below to see the amazing work by SPARK kids, inspired by the ASO
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
SPARK AC & Mary Lin Singers at the Center for Civil and Human Rights and the Virginia Highland Civic Association
More photos and video coming soon!
Springdale Elementary student choir kicking off #educatoropenhouse to Lift Every Voice and Sing!! pic.twitter.com/3ccc45EsXW
— The Center (@Ctr4CHR) September 20, 2014
The AC also performed at the Virginia Highland Civic Association meeting on September 18th!
Thanks to GSU student Megan Schuitema for being our videographer!
Thursday, September 18, 2014
We've had a ton of kids who have finished their Flashcard Project already! Yay!
If your child is having trouble finding definitions/symbols they can check the "I'm stuck" board outside the Music Room.
Here are Matthew's line and space note cards! Be sure to use a straight edge!
Cards with wobbly lines will not be accepted!
Nice job, Matthew!
Line/Space Note Card Steps:
1. Use the template to make dashes on the sides of your cards. The template will help you make sure your lines are parallel.
2. Use a straight edge (ruler or index card) to connect the dashes to draw a staff on each of the 9 cards.
3. Draw a treble clef on the left side of the staff.
4. Put ONE note (a whole note) on each card--5 line notes and 4 space notes.
5. Put the letter name of the note on the back of the line/space note cards.
6. Fifth graders ONLY: turn the card upside down and put a BASS clef on the opposite end from the treble clef (scroll down to the next post for detailed photos). And watch this:
Third graders created this "helper" sheet for line/space note cards during class today (then there was a fire drill, of course).
I only had ONE student who has come by for help during the Thursday help time. Please let me know if you plan to stay NEXT Thursday! It will be your last chance!