Click HERE for the Write, Read, Sing, Play Project Sheet!
Song Choices for Write, Read, Sing, Play MUST come from our Music textbooks. No exceptions. Please be aware that this document link has 60+ pages--be careful to only print the page you want! If the song your child chose is not present, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a helper video. You should be able to find everything you need on this post!
Deadlines & Things to Note:
- Students may perform their project and turn in this Reflection & labeled song sheet any time between now and your Music class day during the week of March 1. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DEADLINE to complete your performance parts! Start getting ready now!
- If students wish to do their performance during class or during recess they must sign up at least 2 school days in advance—there will be limited class time available. Sign-up sheets will be on the tables outside of the Music room.
- Students may submit their work via video, but a live performance is better so I can give immediate feedback and allow kids to keep polishing their work. I go by "Angry Bird Grading" for this project, so kids can keep trying until they receive 3 stars for each component.
- Don’t forget to turn in the Reflection and your labeled song sheet!
"I'm sending a video. What should I include?"
A. M. included singing on the words, the solfege (with hand signals) and guitar.
Below are some Music reading helpers:
C Major Solfege and finger numbers (up to 5)
F Major Solfege and finger numbers (up to 5)
G Major Solfege and finger numbers
1 2 3 4 5
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti
D Major Scale
G Major scale
F Major scale
all of the keyboard notes on the staff
Music Georgia Performance Standards Covered in this project:
- M_GM.1 a. Sing melodies expressively using appropriate head voice accompanied and unaccompanied.
- M_GM.1 c. The student will sing from memory multiple songs representing various genres, tonalities, meters, and cultures including at least one song in a foreign language.
- M_GM.2 a. Perform melodic patterns on an instrument from a major scale with appropriate technique.
- M_GM.2 b. Perform instrumental parts while other students sing or play contrasting parts.
- M_GM.3 a. Read rhythmic patterns including quarter note, quarter rest, eighth note, half note, dotted half note and whole note using traditional symbols in 2/4, ¾ and 4/4 meter.
- M5GM.3 b. Notate rhythmic patterns including the use of quarter notes, quarter rests, eighth notes, half notes, dotted half notes and whole notes in response to teacher performance.
- M_GM.3 c. Read melodies within a treble clef staff.
- M5GM.3 d. Notate simple melodies within a treble clef staff.